Saturday, March 30, 2013

Were You Afraid?


It's been a while, since I've written. I suppose that's probably normal...even though it bugs me a bit. Today, was Spring's first beautiful, warm Saturday. We took your niece to the park, to play under the sun. She ran through the grass, explored the jungle gym, and of course, got to go on the swings. I even did some swinging, myself.

You were in my dreams, last night. You were dying, but not in a hospital. We got to have you at home. For some reason, instead f a bed, you had some cushy bedding on the floor, and you lay there peacefully, not being attached to machines, waiting to go. I asked you if you were afraid. You said no. I wonder if that's true. Were you afraid? I know you said you wanted to die, as we were gathered together in that hospital room. We told you we loved you, and that it was okay to go...but was it scary? Maybe when my time comes, I'll find out what you knew...or maybe my journey will be different. I guess there are some things we'll never have the answers to, and I guess we just have to be okay with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment