Friday, September 7, 2012

Stopping in...I miss you


Well, kiddo...I had my last chemotherapy treatment, last Friday. I'm glad to be done with it, but I still have a long way to go. Of course, it's nothing compared to the battle you fought. Five years was a long time to remain so strong. I love you, baby brother, and I miss you every day. I wish you could see your niece! Last night, while I was playing with her, she rolled over, looked at me, and smiled between giggles. In that instant, looking at my daughter, I saw you. I have no words for how that felt. There was a little sadness to it, but overall, it made me feel warm. It made me smile in that soft silence, that comes when something so beautiful and meaningful comes to you. She is a beautiful gift, and so are you.

No comments:

Post a Comment