Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I sent you some company...

After 19 years, what I knew was going to happen, happened. Phoenix had been suffering for three days. I was hoping that when I told her she could go, she would. That cat didn't listen like you did. They wouldn't let us in the room where they put her down. I hope you were there. I hope someone watched over her before her body was handed back to my sobbing shell. I hope she found her way to you. 

I have some of your iPod songs on my computer. I'm listening to them right now, sitting in the cool of late morning, thinking of you both. I thought that losing you would make death easier. It didn't. It's still hard. It's still gut-wrenching and my body hurts. One thing you did teach me though, was that I'll survive it. 

I love you and miss you, George. Tell my baby I love her. Take care of her for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment