Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Heard this Yesterday...

It takes me back to Daddy's living room. There were hundreds of records and CDs against the wall. There were those comfy gray chairs that spun. There was a large window facing 9th East, through which we watched the cats play in the front yard. There was Daddy and there was Dickie, Ian, Wiggy...there was me. There was you. Taco nights and root beer. Quiet evenings with the Hardy Boys. Tetris, Frontier Pies, Chili sizes. There was you. 


A few years ago, I heard this song for the first time since those days and it brought back a flood of memories and emotions. I sobbed at the computer desk like a child with my hands over my eyes. So much that I had forgotten came back. I don't cry as much when I hear it these days, but of course, I think of you. I think of us. I miss you. I miss the five of us and Daddy's living room filled with the music that helped to shape our lives. I wonder what you're listening to now...

No comments:

Post a Comment